Sunday, August 29, 2010

Days 9 and 10

The past couple of days have been plagued by, well, for TMI's sake i'll just say women's troubles. Yesterday was really hard to get through. I made my morning shake with extra pineapple because I hear that pineapple is good for inflammation... hence, my sprained ankle. I also put maca in it because I needed the extra energy. I spent the rest of the morning scrubbing down the house, trying to distract myself and build up some sort of appetite in time for lunch. I pretty much had to force myself to eat lunch because I had absolutely no appetite whatsoever. I had salad with mushrooms, shallots, and balsamic vinegar. Oh, I almost forgot! I got an ice cream maker a few weeks ago and decided that I was going to make "clean" ice cream! So that's what I did after lunch. I made ice cream out of coconut milk, vanilla, and agave. And that's it. It came out sooo good. I'm still going to eat it in extreme moderation, I had only a spoonful yesterday. The rest of the day was spent napping off and on while my boyfriend and a friend installed our new awesome tv. Snack was rice cake with almond butter - my favorite. Dinner shake was made with pineapple as well, and was delicious. It filled me up and I went to bed easily with no residual hunger, and I slept pretty well through the night!
Today I woke up feeling a little bit better but still with no hunger. I took my morning supplement and made my shake anyway, out of berries, more pineapple, and almond milk. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy my shakes? I think that might be something that I take out of this, is having different kinds of shakes in the morning.... well, for summer, anyway. I do have to admit that I miss eating solid food for dinner. When I am done with the cleanse my BF and I are going to celebrate by going out to dinner. Lunch was sauteed greens with red onion, garbanzo beans, and quinoa. I wasn't hungry and pretty much just made lunch because it was lunchtime. Snack today was an apple with some raw almond butter. I accidently made my dinner shake extra big, and didn't want to waste it so I drank it all up. Now I'm so freaking full... waiting to digest. I've still been pretty low energy all day and I'm hoping that tomorrow will be better because I'm supposed to go to the gym -finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment