Thursday, August 19, 2010

Last night of Elimination Diet... Finally...

It's finally here. My last night before officially starting the cleanse. I have to admit that I'm a little intimidated.
I bought a new TV and I'm redecorating though, so I will have plenty of things to keep me busy and not thinking about it.
Today was pretty good and easy. It's been so hot here in LA that I almost have to force myself to eat, and I can only handle raw foods that are cold. Like cucumbers. And smoothies. And salads.
However, I did have some split pea soup for dinner, which was strangely perfect.
I also got my lazy, ankle-sprained booty over to the gym today and did some weights and a bit of light cardio (as much as I could do with my sprain)
Hopefully by this point my body is ready to take on the cleanse with minimal detox symptoms.
I must note that for the last two days i've had the worst headache I can ever remember having. At first I thought that there might be something terribly wrong with me, but I think that the combination of the insane heat and me coming off of my crazy weekend, headaches might be a perfectly normal side effect.
I'm dying to do some yoga in addition to the cleanse... by that, I mean, going to the best little yoga studio ever, Liberation Yoga, but my ankle is still too sprained to partake in classes. The best i'll probably get is me with my mat on the living room floor, makeshifting my way through the lying down poses.
I'm also thinking of incorporating the netty pot, which, for those of you who don't know, is an ayurvedic trinket. It is a little pot with a spout in which you put a salt water solution and pour it through one nostril and it drips out the other. Then you switch. It sounds awful, it looks awful, and it's almost awful and mostly weird, but mostly quite refreshing. It's very similar to the feeling you get in your nose when you do a cannonball into a swimming pool. It is supposed to completely clear your nasal passages and help with flushing out toxins, allergies, under-eye darkness, and more. I've heard mixed reviews on the usefulness of the netty pot, there was an article written about it that said that using it too often can actually be bad for you, and there are those that say you should use it every morning. I'll take the middle approach and maybe try it a couple of times a week. I'll let you (whoever you are) know how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment