Saturday, August 14, 2010

Elimination Diet, Day 4

Today was difficult. Had my usual smoothie in the morning, and then we had a whole bunch of errands to run. It was soo hot and i've had a headache all freaking day. And i'm so bloated. And my stomach hurts. What the hell.
On a positive note, i'm getting much better at limping around town. I opted for no crutches today, just me and my limp.
I was pretty much out and about all day, going from one place to the next, and only one stop home where I scarfed down a little bit of leftover quinoa from last night and then kept going.
When I got home, I had a few more bites of quinoa and some almond butter (too hungry to make anything) I went on another cleaning frenzy. With two big dogs, a long hair cat, and a human male, things get messy really fast. The truth is, i've never been good at being tidy and organized. It's not something that anyone in my family was ever accomplished in, and it somehow always bonded us. Since living on my own and with roommates/boyfriends for oh, some odd time, i've slowly had to teach myself the ways of being domestic. Cooking, cleaning... and now I'm hooked. Anyway.
At this point my boyfriend is already asking what's for dinner, and I'm not even hungry yet.
But I make dinner anyway... brown rice pasta with vegan/gluten free pesto, mushrooms, shallots, and zucchini, and asparagus - blanched and then sauteed in olive oil with salt and pepper. I had a very small portion.
I think i'm eating too many carbs. Maybe that is why i'm bloated. Perhaps tomorrow I should try more raw foods and salads?

No comments:

Post a Comment