Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 5

I can summarize how today has been with one word: Hunger.
I have been so freaking hungry all day.
I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep for hours because it was so hot, and because my stomach was growling. I downed about two glasses of water but it didn't seem to help.
Finally fell asleep and woke up again at a more normal hour, and was still hungry. I had a cup of tea and waiting for about an hour before having my morning shake, which was quite delicious.
An hour after drinking it, I was hungry again, and even hungrier still with the wafting smells as my boyfriend made himself eggs, toast, and coffee.
I battled my hunger by drinking excessive amounts of water and trying to stay busy. Finally lunch time rolled around, and I made a big salad with quinoa, cucumbers, kidney beans, and a tahini dressing. I also had a spoonful of almond butter. Finally full, I headed out to my voice lesson which kept me busy. Then I had a third of a nice, big, juicy apple. I must be shrinking my stomach, because I was too full to finish the whole apple. I felt happy and full, but there was a headache there and I am not sure whether it was caused by the heat (103 degrees F) or the cleanse. I then spent the better part of the rest of the day cleaning and organizing the back room, and taking lots of things to Goodwill. Still drinking lots and lots of water.
I got hungry again around 6pm, but I waited another hour and a half before making my dinner shake. I used chocolate nourish, which is now my favorite because it tastes the most hearty for some reason, and I used blueberries and almond milk, which has become my standard. Yes, I still have not tried the shake made with just water. I don't really see why I should though... I'm not extremely overweight, though I could stand to lose a few pounds. Yeah, just not worth it to me. I like anything I put in my body to be satisfying and delicious. Anyway, I don't know what is up with me today but I was still very hungry after the shake. It has now been a few hours and I am doing anything in my power to stop thinking about my stomach that is loudly growling at me. I've drank lots of water, which helped a bit but not much. I think I shall make a cup of chamomile tea and see how that does. Also re-reading Harry Potter for the umpteenth time.
I still don't feel as though i've lost any weight, but then again, I'm just judging by looks because I don't have a scale. 16 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment