Friday, August 20, 2010

Clean, Day 1

So the first day of my challenge, and the night before I thought I would help myself ease into it by eating a bowl of soup way before bedtime. Cut to me waking up at 5am because my stomach was growling so loud.
I got up and downed 2 big glasses of water to calm it down.
Then woke up for real around 7am, feeling light, skinny, and hungry.
Already I was looking less bloated then I had been a few days ago.
I took the morning pill and then drank some tea, and waited about an hour or so before having my shake. At this point, I was so hungry I didn't think I could make it. I'm one of those people that needs to eat breakfast, so that was probably the hardest part for me.
I made the shake with vanilla nourish, some blueberries and almond milk, because that sounded a lot more appetizing to my grumbling tummy then making it with just water.
The shake was... ok, at best. I mean, I think it will grow on me and probably start tasting better, but it wasn't what my body wanted this morning. A little bit grainy. As soon as I finished, the first thing that popped in my head was, "how long until lunch?"
Unfortunately, a lot longer then I would have liked because of an animal emergency. We went out on our morning errands.... smog check car, rite-aid, etc... and when we got back there was something really wrong with our kitty, and there was blood on the ground.
So I grabbed a couple of raw green beans because I was hungry at this point, but that's all I could get down before rushing off.
2 hours later, our cat was fine, and I was faint. Literally. Shaking, and so hungry that I could barely hang on. The car ride home was hell. Finally, half an hour later we were home and I raced for the kitchen and cooked up some veggies with aduki beans.
I started to feel much better. I think I might be hyperglycemic or something because if I don't eat something every few hours, I get crazy headaches, dizzyness, irritability, etc.
Anyway, as soon as I ate, I felt much better. Throughout the rest of the day I just kept drinking tons of water, had another cup of tea, and had a spoonful of almond butter and hummus here and there. I didn't start getting really hungry until around 7, but didn't make my evening shake until about 8:30.
I used chocolate nourish this time as well as the blueberries and almond milk, and it actually tasted really good! Maybe it's cause I was that hungry, or maybe it's cause my body is adapting to less enhanced flavors. Either way I was happy, and full!
It's now 10:10 and 2 glasses of water have been downed since, and i'm still content and full... except for the supplements that got stuck in my throat and still feel like they are there. UGH.
I'm going to try to go to bed before I get hungry again. Hurray for a successful first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment