Thursday, August 26, 2010

Days 6 and 7

I have been feeling so much better these past two days. My detox symptoms or pretty much gone and i've been feeling like myself again. I have inquired within the clean forums and dutifully added in more snacks throughout the day to keep my hunger levels normal. This is not a deprivation diet, it is a cleanse meant to nourish the body... So i've learned that if I eat salad for lunch, I have to follow it up with some good snacks like a brown rice cake with almond butter. The last two days though I had some heartier lunches. Today I made quinoa with beans and greens. Yesterday lunch was such a treat - brown rice penne with a sauce made out of nutritional yeast, almond milk, and pesto. It was absolutely divine. Probably not something I should be eating every day though. I'm still not really feeling as though i've lost any weight, but my skin seems nicer and my eyes seem brighter. If I didn't have this sprained ankle I would probably be exercising a lot more and losing more weight. But I have TONS of energy and have been able to run all my errands without losing energy. Every other cleanse I have ever been on I have not been able to maintain a normal lifestyle. Right now, I feel like I could do this forever.
I feel so good, in fact, that I am in no means craving any foods that aren't approved on the diet. I've been looking forward to my shakes and actually craving those. I think I stopped craving sugar about 2 days ago. In fact, I was even able to make my boyfriend his breakfast of eggs, toast, butter, and coffee this morning without even wanting any of it a tiny bit. I just enjoyed making it for him and that was that. That's huge because coffee and eggs have been the hardest thing for me to give up. My body is really starting to adapt nicely to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment