Saturday, September 4, 2010

Days 14-16

It is now day 16 and I am finally starting to feel better. I'm kind of upset that the benefits of extra energy and feeling amazing from the cleanse have been taken over by the stupid sickness. I can't believe that I am almost in the middle of the last week. I'm contemplating extending this. It's funny, when I was just starting the cleanse and I heard about people wanted to extend it or do a double cleanse I thought they were nuts, but I get it now. It's amazing to feel so light. The liquid dinner was really the most difficult thing to get used to, but now that I am used to it, I can't imagine eating a big heavy dinner. Ugh.
Yesterday I made my own Kitchari recipe that got published in VegNews magazine last year. :)
Today, I'm attempting to make cuban style black beans... key word: attempting. So far, they are not coming out as "cuban style" as I would like, but they are still good. I had to leave out the green bell pepper, but I don't think it will be that big of a deal. Instead of the traditional white rice, I'm making brown rice.
I don't know if I have mentioned that I finally started to notice some weight loss, and it feels amazing. I'm absolutely certain that I would have lost more had I been able to exercise as much as I wanted to. I feel sad that it's almost over...

1 comment:

  1. How are you feeling? I'm also on the CLEAN Detox and have enjoyed following your experience with it! Come back and let us know!

    ReplyDelete